Zest Media (“Zest/We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
When you visit and register with our Website Terms and Conditions you accept and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Zest Media Publications Limited we are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07222273 and have our registered office at First Floor, 197 City Road, London, England, EC1V 1JN.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You will give us information about you by filling in forms on our website zest.london (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in any discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, job title, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites which we may operate or the other services we may provide.
USES MADE ABOUT THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new user, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Zest may display targeted advertisements based on the personal information that we hold about you.
Your information may be used by Zest and our authorised third parties as follows:
- To monitor, develop and improve the services we provide you with and your experience of our site. For example, we may personalise the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you or based on your activity on site;
- assist in and administer the provision of Zest’s services to you;
- send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- process payments from you to us (where and if applicable) on our behalf;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- investigate any suspected breach of the Terms & Conditions or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to you;
- contact you with service messages;
- monitor compliance with the Terms & Conditions or other applicable terms and conditions;
- provide you with access to one or more social networking sites. If you choose to connect to a social networking site from our site, your personal information may be shared between Zest and your social networking account(s).
By registering with us you give Zest your valid consent to the transfer sale, rent or trade of all of your personal data and to the processing the same to third parties for our business purposes within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). If you would like details of such third parties, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you consent by registering with us, we may sell your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes and such third parties will be registered with the Information Commissioner.
Zest may provide anonymous, non-personally identifiable aggregate information to advertisers and our business partners, to enable us to sell advertising and monitor the efficacy of our business partnerships. We may also pass such statistical information onto reputable third parties for forward sale.
Zest may share your personal information with our service providers and this may involve transferring it to countries outside of the EEA whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those which apply to us. At this time we do not envisage any such transfers but if Zest do transfer your personal information to a country outside Europe, we will ensure that we do this in accordance with the Act (for example, by putting in place an appropriate data transfer agreement). We will do this with a view to ensuring that the level of protection which applies to your personal information processed in these countries is similar to that which applies within Europe.
If you have given us your consent (by opting-in when registering or otherwise giving Zest permission) to receive marketing material, we may:
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you;
- and pass your details to selected third parties so that they may send you information by email, telephone (including SMS), mail or other methods of communication about products or services that may be of interest to you.
To stop receiving marketing messages from us, please email us at email@example.com indicating that you do not wish to do so.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving communications from a third party, you must contact the applicable third party. You agree that we are not responsible for the communications or the content of any communications you receive from any such third party.
Please be aware that we may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- to third parties authorised by us and acting on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- where we have your consent to do so, for marketing purposes as set out above;
- as part of general statistical information about the site’s user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence, unlawful activity or suspected breach of the Terms & Conditions and or the breach of other terms and conditions or otherwise where required by law or where we suspect harm or potential harm to others. You should note that Zest will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or location of or any other information about anyone breaching any relevant terms and conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. Zest shall not be obliged to give you any further notice of this;
- if applicable, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide may be published on areas of the services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas.;
- if there are changes to our business as set out below.
We may use third party companies to perform some functions on our behalf or to provide services to us. These third parties are only allowed access to your information needed to perform such functions or to provide such services. They are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Zest or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at First Floor, 197 City Road, London, England, EC1V 1JN.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zest Media Publications Limited trading as Zest is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07222273. Our registered office at First Floor, 197 City Road, London, England, EC1V 1JN.
Zest. Version 22 April 2016
© 2016 Zest Media Publications Limited